Monday, September 22, 2008

My first designer shoe experience

There is nothing like the thrill you get when you find a pair of shoes you love. This thrill is multiplied when it involves designer footwear. A couple of years ago I was lucky enough to buy my first pair of designer shoes. I went to the US and I told my darling husband that I was buying a pair of Manolo's. I did try to prepare him for the cost, although I don't think you can ever fully prepare a male for the price of designer shoes and why they are so worth it. So after checking out Rodeo Drive we wandering down to Neiman Marcus and that's where I fell in love. The moment I saw them I knew I had to have them. Just to walk about the Manolo Blahnik department was pure heaven. So many gorgeous shoes but one in particular took my breath away.They were stunning, silver sandals with a circle of swarovski crystals featured on the front and 4.5 inch heels. Timeless perfection in a box! I was so excited I could barely contain myself and held the bag with so much pride as I marched back down Rodeo. Needless to say my husband had a heartache when he saw the price tag, promptly marched out with the grumps and proceeded not to speak to me for an hour after. Whatever, he'll get over it. After all, I have a pair of Manolo's in my possession. If you haven't experienced it then you need to do it once in your life. I want to thank the shoe god himself for making a work of art that can make a woman feel like a princess as soon as she slips them on her feet. I am in awe of you Mr Blahnik. You rock!

1 comment:

Kristin Joy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.